Are you on the lookout for the best studio monitor subwoofer? No denying the fact that with several options available on the market, however, the task of choosing one from a myriad of options becomes quite daunting.
However, today we have tried to make things easy for you by shortlisting the best available options.
Below we list some of the best available subwoofers. We have also highlighted the features of each choice to enable the user to score the desired subwoofer that creates a perfect balance between pragmatism, performance, and price.
Best Studio Subwoofer for Mixing & Music Production
1. Mackie MRS10 MK3
This particular choice is the best budget option available on our list, and no doubt is the best value product that offers several benefits. It is designed to add just the perfect and the required amount of accurate and dynamic low-end frequency.
This subwoofer enhances the quality of music produced without adding that artificial boomy bass to it. The company has been around for quite some time now and has earned the reputation that users trust its products when an appliance has its name.
The MRS10 subwoofer is priced decently and is straightforward and clear to do the required job. This choice is housed in an all-black body, an all-wood ported enclosure, and moderate dimensions.
The connection options available in this subwoofer are TRS input and stereo XLR. Sonically, this choice is clear, deep, and responsive. It accurately produces the required audio with almost no distortion or doesn’t add any harmonics.
- Includes Footswitch.
- Tight bass with a clean response.
- The option provides excellent value for money.
- Doesn’t produce extra harmonics or distortion
- A suitable option for larger spaces.
- A power-packed option that offers great value for money
2. PreSonus Temblor T10
The Temblor T10 from Presonus is an active choice if you are looking for an ideal subwoofer. It is one of the best options present on our list and it has some amazing reviews.
This piece is designed to deliver accurate and fast transient responses and enables extending low frequencies without overshooting or tubbiness. This choice has an earthshaking power and delivers a power-packed performance.
It has a power of 250W and is housed in a black-colored MDF casing that is non-resonant in nature. It has a lightweight cone of glass composite, and it can deliver a sub-bass reproduction of a superior level.
The bass sounds produced are clean and adequately tight, even at high output levels. It includes a footswitch, rubber feet, and a footswitch connector. Another noteworthy feature of this option is the integrated high pass filter, a constant variable low pass filter.
This choice gets integrated adequately with any monitor speaker to create a flat response in just the perfect listening environment.
- Has an enclosure of low-resonance.
- Powerful performance, and so you must not go by its size.
- Provides good value for money.
- Offers a detailed and clear sound.
- It has a footswitch
3. ADAM SUB8
This particular choice is explicitly designed for the smaller control rooms that measure up to 20 square meters. It is a compact yet robust choice for subwoofers that extend to a range of low-frequency.
It is worth the price paid and offers high-quality performance. You can never go wrong with this option. The brand ADAM has an excellent reputation in the market for producing reliable speakers that last long.
This one is no exception and packs power in a small body. The amp used by this piece is one of the reasons why we have shortlisted this one. The power amplifier capable of this pick has low heat generation capability and delivers high performance.
Coming to the control, the user will have access to two knobs that are motorized and enable the adjustment of crossover frequency and input level. You will also get a wireless remote control that offers the added advantage of complete control.
If you have a small studio room, this choice is not worth missing.
- Comes with a wireless remote.
- Has selectable crossover.
- A small but powerful option.
- Has a high-efficiency PWM amplifier.
- The best option for compact rooms.
4. Focal Sub6
If you are looking for a premium subwoofer, this is a go-to option, and many users swear by it. It is one of the best options on the list that offers great value for money.
It features a beefy woofer that is 11 inches long and is housed in tight quarters of a space designed like a cabinet of extensive woods. Additionally, it has a red burr-ash finish that adds to its charm and makes it one of the most sought-after options among musicians.
It also has all the required extensive monitor capabilities and is a classic choice. Also, its superior bass performance ensures that you get value for money. Speaking sonically, this choice is capable of handling the lowest of the low frequencies.
It offers optimal punch and clarity with no hints of distortion at all. This one is an excellent choice for professionals as well because of the smooth performance it provides.
That said, people working on film scores, sound design projects, or just any other music genre can use this option. It has a mute switch, volume controllers, and a continuously variable phase selector.
It also features a footswitch in it. The switch has a major impact since it helps control mixing, monitoring, and mastering sessions.
- It has a footswitch.
- With a shaped foam/glass cone.
- Contains excellent resolution of low frequencies.
- Is a massive 11-inches woofer.
- Low resonance is enclosed and comes with a mute switch
5. Yamaha HS8
Yamaha products are the best in the market when it comes to appliances. With the Yamaha subwoofer, you can expect a top-rated 8″ bass-reflex studio subwoofer that is an exceptional option and does a great job when it comes to producing low frequencies.
This option does a great job by rounding out the sound, though it only has a driver of 8 inches. This choice was made specifically to go well with Yamaha monitors but delivers the same level of performance when used for other options.
It creates the perfect balance between portability and power. The subwoofer is cased in a port design that enables bass reflex. This is the best choice to deliver detailed sound at low frequencies and deliver a solid punch along.
The studio owners have appreciated the performance of this choice for years now. As far as connectivity is concerned, it has XLR and TRS inputs and outputs. It features a low-cut switch, a phase switch, and low and high-cut controls.
The dimensions and weight of this choice make it ultraportable. One of the best options when it comes to studio subwoofers. Perfect for a mid-sized studio and a home setup.
- Low resonance enclosure and is high in quality.
- Compact and light option.
- An affordable choice and good value for money.
- Has clean and detailed bass capability.
- An amazing in-budget choice
Along with the woofers, you also need subwoofers to make the most of your home studio. Subwoofers produce sub-bass and bass frequencies and are highly recommended for artists who want to make the most of low-frequency music.
These systems don’t mess up with main monitors because the main monitors can only handle frequencies of mid to high range. As the name suggests, subwoofers are usually used for studios, so low-frequency sounds are reproduced.
The studio subwoofer is sound equipment that essentially enhances the production quality of the music drastically.
However, most music producers and singers often overlook the advantages of this equipment, and they don’t consider it for their studio. We recommend you not make this mistake and make an informed choice.
The frequency range of subwoofers is between 20-200 Hz, especially if you use a consumer product. That said, buying quality and reliable subwoofer is highly recommended if you want to produce a good mix.
Let’s consider a few factors that should dominate your buying decision. These factors will help you in making an informed choice.
The process of installing a subwoofer is known as a “2.1 studio setup”. The process should be pretty straightforward, and you can easily install most of the available options.
All you need to do is plug the device into the audio interface, and you will get low-mix, clear sounds. A few options have built-in amplifiers, whereas some don’t have one.
The subwoofer price is one of the crucial factors that you need to pay attention to. The price may be as low as a hundred bucks and may go up to several hundred bucks.
A few models available with some high-end features may cost you some thousand dollars. Hence, when choosing a subwoofer, you need to make sure that it fits your budget.
You are of the wrong notion if you think that a big size will have better sound quality. A few smaller options available on the market have better sound quality than the larger ones.
It would help if you inspected the devices better and should also consider their drive’s quality into serious consideration. You can choose the size of a subwoofer according to what you will be using it for.
As discussed earlier, you are not required to buy a subwoofer of the same brand as your monitor. You can mix and match several options when buying a subwoofer and choose one according to the features you want in it. The sound quality is more important than the brand of a subwoofer.
The high wattage power of the subwoofer means that the choice has more power. When it comes to an average subwoofer, it has a power range of mid 100s.
It would help if you also made sure that the amp of the device you are using can easily handle and supply around 75-150% RMS rating of the subwoofer.
The size of the subwoofer and its power are interrelated to each other. Usually, a bigger subwoofer needs a higher power to boost its performance. It also helps make the project louder, deeper and thicker bass of low frequencies.
Response of the Frequency
It refers to the range of frequencies that the subwoofer can manipulate. If you want to buy a subwoofer to monitor music in a studio, we recommend that you use a subwoofer with frequencies greater than other available options.
Additionally, it helps produce frequencies of clear low mixes to help music artists make the most of their sound.
Is a subwoofer essential for a studio monitor?
The choice of buying a subwoofer depends completely on what you are doing with audio. If you are mixing sounds for motion pictures or TV, we recommend you have a monitoring setup of multiple speakers, and for that, a subwoofer is essential.
Which is the best place to put a subwoofer?
If you have a single subwoofer, we recommend placing it on the front wall. You can also choose to place it towards the front corners if possible. A subwoofer placed at the corner will give better performance in the room and eventually gives an enhanced bass impact.
Can I keep the Subwoofer on the floor?
The subwoofer’s performance will be better if it is kept at an elevated height; however, the device will be safe when kept on the floor. We recommend you move the subwoofer around and see which position is the best for it to keep.
One of the major questions people ask is whether I should buy a subwoofer of the same brand as the monitor? The choice depends completely on preferences; however, buying your subs of the same brand is not mandatory.
You can freely mix and match options from different brands if it is an ideal option. We hope that our list of the best subwoofers available on the market adds depth to the monitoring of your studio and doesn’t punch a hole in your wallet.
Check these studio monitor subwoofers that are available on Amazon:
- This pair of JBL 305P MkII Powered Studio Monitors comes with all the manufacturer accessories and a 2-year USA warranty along with a 7-piece bundle...
- Updated HF and LF transducers with new design improvements result in optimized damping for superior transient response and impressive deep bass with...
- New boundary EQ restores neutral low frequency response when speakers are placed on the work surface and adjacent to walls
- Flexible connectivity with balanced XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs, +4dBu /-10dBV input-sensitivity switch and adjustable volume control
- Broad sweet spot neutral frequency response across a wide area allows you to fine-tune your mix even while listening off-axis
- POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA BASS & PUNCH – A 10-inch Dynamic Balance woofer & a uniquely configured directed port provides accurate bass with added...
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT HIGH VOLUME – Enjoy a thrilling yet balanced music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies. BLENDS...
- DOUBLE THE AMPLIFIER POWER TO 100 Watts of Dynamic Power with its in-built 50-watt RMS amp. Sophisticated engineering with best in class...
- EASY TO INTEGRATE WITH EXISTING SYSTEMS – Hook up this sub to the receiver and upgrade your music sound instantly. Features continuously variable...
- A sleek detachable grille on the front, speaker and line-level inputs as well as speaker-level outputs on the back, and a Phase Toggle Switch for...
- TITANIUM DOME TWEETERS – Listen to clear highs with fully titanium dome tweeters
- 8-INCH SUBWOOFER – Achieve massive booming sound with the 8-inch subwoofer
- BLUETOOTH V5.0 APTX WIRELESS SOUND – Other available inputs are AUX, RCA, optical, and coaxial
- WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROL – Control your sound remotely with the included wireless remote
- 2-YEAR WARRANTY – Supported by our 2-year warranty guarantee within US and Canada
- 【high-definition near-field active studio monitor】40-watt class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor.Studio quality design,...
- 【1-inch silk-dome tweeter, 3 inch (Dyna3) woven woofer】Professional acoustic adjusters and speakers，Room Space and HF Trim adjustments for...
- 【5.0 wireless】Stereo CSR Bluetooth 5.0, enjoy music without wires.
- 【Rich and practical interface】1/4” TRS balanced inputs, 1/8” stereo aux input and RCA inputs suit for almost any audio source.High-tech,...
- 【Live for music】Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing.Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output. All-wood MDF ROHS...
- 10" glass aramid composite woofer
- Bass extension to 28Hz with a max SPL of 117 dB
- Footswitch control enables/disables sub and crossover filter (footswitch not included)
- Curved design with front-firing bass port for placement flexibility
- Powerful, lightweight Class D amplification
- This patented JBL slip stream port design works in concert with the LSR310S low frequency driver for deep, dynamic bass response at all playback...
- A JBL first, the XLF setting activates a specially-engineered tuning that emulates the ample bass tuning used in today's dance clubs.
- The custom-designed driver in the LSR310S delivers deep low frequency response into the 20 Hz region, and 113 dB peak output, for long periods at full...
- With balanced XLR and 1/4-inch inputs and XLR outputs you can add the LSR310S to any Studio monitor system to extend its low frequency performance
- The -10Dbv/+4 dB sensitivity switch ensures compatibility with a broad range of signal sources, allowing you to connect the LSR310S to high-output...
- DIGITAL / ANALOG INPUTS – RCA/Aux for PC turntables etc Optical/Coaxial for lossless connection Bluetooth for convenience
- BLUETOOTH V4 0 - Latest wireless technology for playing from phones tablets or laptops
- TREBLE/BASS CONTROL SUB-LINE OUT Adjust bass treble volume and toggle inputs on rear panel Need a little more oomph. Add a subwoofer to your 2 0 setup...
- WIRELESS REMOTE – Handy compact remote control for input selection volume adjustment and track control (Bluetooth)
- 2 YEAR - high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor for two years
- Latest modeling techniques used to minimize non-linear distortion Smoother off-axis response, more forgiving of diverse acoustical environments...
- The Neumann KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor is a 2-way active bi-amplified studio monitor featuring a DSP engine with network control, a...
- This allows the loudspeaker to be used in diverse acoustical conditions, with any source equipment and in a wide variety of physical locations
- The KH 80 Active DSP Powered Studio Monitor is a professional reference monitor representing the latest in acoustic and electronic simulation and...
- The KH 80 Active DSP is designed for use as a near-field monitor, as a front loudspeaker in small multi-channel systems, or as a rear loudspeaker in a...
- 2-Way bass-reflex bi-amplified nearfield studio monitor with 5" cone woofer and 1" dome tweeter
- 54Hz-30kHz frequency response
- 45W LF plus 25W HF bi-amp system for high-performance 70W power amplification
- Room Control and High TRIM response controls
- XLR and TRS phone jack inputs accept balanced or unbalanced signals