This is a Yamaha RX A1070 Review article, with a focus on what makes it great and what we don’t like about it as well.
How do you define a product you like? I know the first thing that will come to your mind is “a product that carries the features you like.” Over time a product wins the heart of the customer. The same can be said of the Yamaha RX A1070 that has become the favorite for many.
The Yamaha RX A1070 is a high-end 7.2 channel model that has incredible audio capabilities and extensive video functionality. It beats all expectations and remains one of the very best you can use.
There are several features the product carries that makes it the most sought after in the market. The feature carried by this product will be discussed in detail in this review. We will also discuss the pros and cons of this product and why you should make use of it.
Features and specifications of Yamaha RX A1070
Here are the unique features of the Yamaha RX A1070 that makes it top the list of many individuals;
- 7.2 channels
- Supports CINEMA DSP
- Audio features (Pure direct, compressed music enhancer, YPAO volume)
- Video features (HDMI)
- Connectivity (USB, HDMI, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.)
- General (ECO mode, Standby power mode, Auto power, weight: 14.9kg)
Feature Review of Yamaha RX A1070
Bluetooth-compatible feature for wireless music streaming
The Yamaha RX A1070 AV receiver is equipped with the latest Bluetooth functionality, which makes it easier to stream wirelessly either with your phone or other devices.
The Bluetooth-compatible feature for wireless music streaming is efficient and fast, with it, you can enjoy a vivid, quality, and lively sound during wireless playback. The Bluetooth output for music streaming also makes it easier to stream music from the Yamaha RX A1070 to your headphones or Bluetooth speaker.
The YPAO (Yamaha Parametric Room Acoustic Optimizer) feature is a technology that makes it possible for the receiver to deliver original volume to ensure that only natural sounds are delivered even when on low volume.
This is because human hair has less sensitivity to high and low volume. The loudness EQ correction applied help adjust both high and low-frequency level.
Read: Mixing Console For Recording Studio
MusicCast is another new feature in the audio industry. This feature allows you to make use of all your MusicCast enabled product together or separately. The beauty of it is that all can be controlled from a single application.
So, you can expand your entertainment possibilities with the high-performance wireless network to deliver music and unmatched audio enjoyment. Your RX A1070 supports playing and streaming on MusicCast enabled devices.
The RX A1070 Dolby Atmos and DTS:X feature make it easier for a new world of sound quality. With the level of sound quality delivered, you can transform an ordinary moment into an extraordinary and more captivating one filled with rich and quality sounds.
The RX A1070 AV receiver also supports Dolby Atmos and DTS:X for CINEMA DSP HD3. This helps improve the surround sound and offers you something richer than what other AVs deliver.
The new signal processing algorithm features and the 3-sets of high-performance accessories make it easier to maximize theatre sound, produce unique sounds with no boundary.
Advanced and Unmatched design
The construction of the RX A1070 is another beautiful feature of the device to explore. The aluminum front panel offers both visual and aural benefits for this device. The design is sleek, clean, and shield sensitive circuitry from radiation and noise given birth to by switches, dimmers, etc. the enhanced design used gives the RX A1070 strength and strong resistance against vibration.
The RX A1070 makes use of two kinds of interior ribs, the straight and curved ribs, this improves the strength and enhances the performance. The other quality part makes sound tuning easier when making use of the RX A1070 AV receiver.
Read: Midi Controller For FL Studio
The RX A1070 AV receiver offers varieties of network functions; this makes it easy to access more network sources and enhance your overall operation. Both your home network and the internet can be connected to the RX A1070 to enjoy Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, JUKE, Qobuz on a NAS and home PC.
The RX A1070 controller app both for Google Play and iTunes App Store makes it easier to control functions from your iOS, and Android.
Pros and Cons of the Yamaha RX A1070
The RX A1070 has some unique features that are very interesting and technologically up-to-date. In the same vein, some functions are missing totally on the AV receiver. The missing functions do not reduce the effectiveness of the product, yet knowing them might help improve your decision. Here are the beautiful positives and woeful negatives of the device:
- Stylish and sleek
- Complete DTS features for enhanced performance
- DSD support for both HDMI and USB
- Support HDMI and USB input
- Dolby Vision
- MusicCast for increased functionality
- Support Ethernet, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
- Two ways Bluetooth connection
- Internet radio-enabled
- Supports Spotify, Deezer, Napster, etc.
- Phono Input
- Works with Amazon Alexa
- Gapless playback
- Utilizes HDR10 technology
- Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG)
- Supports 7.2 channels
- Absence of front-wide channel support.
- Absence of MHL Input
- Absence of Fire Connect
- No built-in Chromecast
- Inability to play with SONOS
- Absence of FlareConnect
- Absence of DTS Virtual:X
- Absence of enhanced IMAX
- Does not have Dolby Atmos Height for visualization
- Does not support multi-channel inputs
- Does not also support DTS Play-Fi
Combining power and quality makes it possible to deliver rich and quality sound no matter the device you are connecting.
More importantly, it is offered at highly affordable prices for all that understand the use of the quality product. Yamaha is known for ages to deliver quality products, and this ranks high in all their products.
You can also take a look at some other similar products:
- 7.2-ch Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (5.2.2-ch) with Zone 2, Cinema DSP 3D, and YPAO Sound Optimization (RSC/Multipoint)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi-room. Works with Amazon Alexa
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more; File Format: MP3 / WMA / MPEG-4 AAC: up to 48 kHz / 16-bit, ALAC: up to 96...
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (5-in/2-out): 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- MusicCast Surround-capable: Add two MusicCast 20 speakers to provide wireless surrounds for a 5.1-ch setup
- 9.2 ch Dolby Atmos, DTS:X (5.2.4 ch) with Multi Zone, Cinema DSP HD3, YPAO Sound Optimization (RSC/Multipoint/3D/Precision EQ) and dual ESS Sabre DACs
- Wi Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay, Spotify Connect and MusicCast multi room. Works with Amazon Alexa
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Internet Radio, TIDAL, Deezer, Napster and more
- HDMI with HDCP 2.2 (7 in/3 out): 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log Gamma and BT.2020
- Surround:AITM technology automatically optimizes the sound in real time; Bluetooth is compatible with SCMS T
- Unrivaled experiences; Boldly explores entertainment possibilities for an advanced home theater with the latest in video and Audio, including Dolby...
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, airplay 2, Spotify connect and music cast multi-room
- Spotify, Apple Music via airplay 2, Pandora, Sirius internet radio, Tidal, Deezer, Napster, Qobuz and more
- 4K Ultra HD, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log-gamma and BT.2020 HDMI (5-in/2-out) with HDCP 2.3 and eARC
- Voice control using your Alexa device like echo or echo dot
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD); Rated Output Power (20Hz 20kHz, 2ch driven) 70W (8...
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log gamma and BT.2020
- YPAO auto calibration technology for ideal sound, Exclusive Yamaha Cinema DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master...
- HDMI with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (7 in / 1 out)
- 4K60, 4K120AB and 8K60B HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (Three 8k + 4 (7) in/1 out)
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Voice Control and MusicCast multi-room
- Voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant devices or Siri via AirPlay 2
- Pandora, Spotify, Napster, SiriusXM, TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, Amazon Music HD
- HDMI with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (7 in or 1 out)
- 4K60, 4K120AB, 8K60B, HDR10+ and HDMI 2.1
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2 and Spotify Connect
- Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos with Height Virtualization and DTS:X
- Voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant devices or Siri via AirPlay 2
- 7.1-channel 100 Watt surround sound with Zone 2
- Feel every dimension in Dolby Atmos. Enjoy a 5.1 surround speaker system and two additional overhead speakers or two Dolby Atmos elevation speakers,...
- DTS:X immersive audio formatting places sound where it would naturally occur in space, creating life-like, multi-dimensional audio. The included...
- This unique Yamaha proprietary sound field creation technology was created by combining measured sound field data with digital signal processing
- Enhanced media and gaming features ensure an added level of smooth and seamless motion and transitions for gaming, movies and video.