If you are looking for the best studio monitor speakers for a digital piano, you are in luck because the market for them is broad and rich. There are various options regarding size, power, performance, and of course, price, and in this article, we will cover multiple options, among which you will surely find the ones that will suit you best.
When we made a list of the top picks, we evaluated them based on features, build quality, sound output, and feedback from previous buyers in order to provide you with the analysis of the best speakers available on the current market. As these products are crucial for the quality of your performance, it is essential to choose the best of the best. We have a lot of ground to cover regarding this subject, so without any delay, let us start.
List of Best Studio Monitor Speakers for Digital Piano
1. JBL Professional EON715 Powered PA Loudspeaker with Bluetooth
This speaker is the best-selling and the best-reviewed product of the EON collection, and it is available for a fair price, especially when you consider all the cool features that come with it. It is a professional speaker that provides excellent performance and power and will suit the needs of both musicians and audiophiles alike.
When you think about the sound output of this powerful unit, it is nothing short of tremendous. You get an exceptional quality of the sound, and what is also very important, the output is without annoying distortions. This speaker can be used as main PA monitors or floor monitors, so versatility is truly on point.
Reliability and durability are synonyms with EON715, and you can add some portability to it, as this speaker has a handle that allows you to carry it and move it around anywhere. Your digital piano will sound flawless once you hook it up with this fantastic unit, and once you try it, you will likely never look back.
2. PreSonus Eris E3.5-3.5″ Near Field Studio Monitor Speakers for Digital Piano
Our second pick today is a nice little mixture of great performance and affordability. These monitor speakers are on the cheaper side, but this refers only to their price, as the sound output is very satisfying and will do an exceptional job for digital piano purposes.
Eris E3.5 are constructed to give you an accurate and faithful reproduction of the original audio without any enhancements. These are pretty good monitors for the price, but they do have certain flaws; the response is a bit flat with a little `more low-end punch than you would expect from a monitor of this size.
However, this is by no means a deal-breaker since the performance is still great, and the sound output is clear with no distortions. What separates these monitor speakers from their competition other than extremely accurate sound is that they have both high and low-end tuning knobs on the back of the primary unit. It is a big plus, and a feature found only on higher-priced units, so consider giving these speakers a chance.
3. Yamaha HS5 W 5-Inch Powered Studio Monitor Speaker
Yamaha HS5 W 5-inch studio monitor speaker provides a nice modernization of the classic sound and offers excellent performance alongside clarity. With this speaker, you get a very accurate output due to the amazing features it provides, and what is even better is that it comes for a fairly low price.
This speaker is a fantastic choice for various uses, be it for audio production or live performance on your digital piano. HS5 W’s mids and highs are very crisp and clear and offer a neutral and flat response. This setup is an ideal choice for musicians that are looking to mix and master their music.
It is important to note that this studio monitor represents sound in the purest way possible, and, unlike in Hi-Fi systems, the sound is not colored. However, this product is not without flaws, and although its mids and highs are almost flawless, it leaves a lot to be desired in the lower end. When all things are taken into account, this is a pretty powerful speaker for a modest price, and it is definitely worth checking out.
4. Rockville APM8W 8″ 2-Way 500W Active/Powered USB Studio Monitor Speakers for Digital Piano
These studio monitor speakers are an exceptional choice for anyone that requires a good sound system for mixing music and performing live. They also have the great build quality, while the cabinets are very solid with a horizontal port on the upper back of each one of them.
There are plenty of industry-standard inputs on the main speaker’s rear, including RCA, XLR, and ¼ -inch TRS. The XLR and TRS are combo jack that works great and saves some space. You also get a headphone output so that you can connect earbuds or headphones to the monitors for some private listening.
The bass is very punchy, while the mids and highs sound very crisp and do not distort at louder levels. You can find treble, bass, boost, and limiter on the rear of the main monitor that will give you even more control of the sound. Last but not least is the price, which is more than fair, especially when you consider all of these useful features.
5. M-Audio BX5 D3 | Compact 2-Way 5″ Active Studio Monitor Speaker
M-Audio BX5 D3 is an excellent active studio monitor speaker known for its affordability and reliability, and it remained trendy due to a number of updates, upgrades, and redesigns it received over the course of years. Although it is a small speaker, do not let it fool you since it is mighty and built tough.
This product inherited some very nice features from its predecessors, such as the one-inch silk-domed tweeter, the five-inch woven Kevlar woofer, and the vinyl laminated MDF cabinet. In addition, both woofer and tweeter are magnetically sealed, adding even more pluses to the product’s quality.
The rear panel elements include volume control, XLR and TSR jack inputs, and a trio of acoustic space bass settings. The sound is crisp, powerful, and clear and a great choice if you are looking for compact, affordable monitors. They are great for sound mixing, live performing, or recreational music listening and are a worthy choice for all audiophiles out there.
6. Behringer Truth B2031A Active 2-Way Reference Studio Monitor
The Behringer B2031A is an active two-way nearfield system with an 8.75-inch bass/midrange driver and a 0.75-inch tweeter. It is a very powerful studio monitor that delivers clear, crisp, and soothing sound that every audiophile will appreciate.
Although these speakers are made on a budget, they are constructed from plastic-laminated E1 MDF, which is, in fact, a very good cabinet material due to its density and self-damping characteristics. They are visually appealing, and the overall impression that they give is very favorable.
These are very accurate monitors, and they sound way better than you would assume for a product with this price tag. It is best to go for the 8.75-inch version as it is large and powerful enough to suit various needs. Sturdy and well-constructed, these speakers are worth every penny you invest and will take your live performance to a whole new level.
7. Edifier S2000 Pro Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers – Near-Field Active Studio Monitor Speaker
Edifier S2000 Pro are powerful speakers that have been improved and adjusted extensively over the course of the years. This is a very stable and visually appealing product that is made to satisfy multiple audiophile needs for a more than a fair price, considering all the features that come with it.
The treble on this unit has increased the link between mid and high-frequency sections of the woofer, providing you with a high-quality, crisp sound. You can take advantage of the benefits of a flat diaphragm that is there to provide a quick response rate as well as superior high frequencies.
These speakers come with a wireless remote control which is very simple to use. You can quickly adjust volume, select your favorite EQ setting, change inputs, and handle other convenient functions it provides. The cabinetry is very stylish and looks beautiful, which is a rare thing to see in this price range, so consider this unit when picking the studio monitor speakers for your digital piano.
8. PRORECK Party 15 Portable 15-Inch 2000 Watt 2-Way Powered PA Speaker System
These speakers are an awesome pick if you seek a high-performing full-range combination of a speaker system for performing live and mixing sound. It is one of the best external speakers for digital piano players due to its price and exceptional sound output.
This product comes with a microphone and a remote, which you can use to adjust the volume and other functions easily. It also has built-in LED lights that you can use to create a fun and entertaining light show for the crowd you are playing for. Although these are massive speakers at 81.6 pounds, there are integrated wheels that will help you move this product effortlessly.
The unit provides strong and amplified sound at 2000 watts of power and 15-inch woofers, granting your audience at live performances crisp and clear sound. You can also connect the passive speaker to the active one and experience a fantastic surround sound that not many speakers in this price range have.
9. Behringer STUDIO 50USB High-Resolution Studio Monitor Speakers for Digital Piano
Behringer Studio 50 USB are ideal speakers for beginners as they will provide you with various useful features while not forcing you to break the bank. Whether you are creating music or just enjoying it, this product will provide you with everything you require as it grants accurate and crisp sound for a fair price.
These are not perfect speakers as they lack power in the bottom-end and tend to overpower at mids at highs. However, if you couple them with a subwoofer, they can be highly impactful as the clarity gets better across the spectrum.
As is suggested in their name, these speakers also contain a convenient USB input for direct connection of digital stereo audio sources as well as two analog inputs in XLR and ¼-inch TRS, so there are plenty of connectivity options as well.
10. KRK RP5 Rokit G4 Studio Monitor, Black (RP5G4-NA)
If you frequently watch YouTubers that create content related to music production, then you certainly had a chance to see this particular set of speakers. KRK Rokit is a very powerful unit that is highly popular among music producers, especially those that specialize in music with digital piano segments.
This product’s range is very versatile and is suitable for various music genres both in the production and performing aspects. These speakers have a reputation for being boomy and heavy on the bass. They are also incredibly flat and similar in performance to Yamaha HS5 in terms of frequency response.
KRK RP5 Rokit also has exceptional low-end extension and fantastic accuracy, which adds even more to its value. It boasts a range of 42Hz – 40 Hz whilst not losing focus on well-defined mids. Another great piece of news is that it is fairly cheap, so there is no reason not to check this unit and see just how good sound it actually provides.
Things to Consider Before Purchasing Studio Monitor Speakers for Digital Piano
It is not wise to rush the purchase of the studio monitor speakers for digital piano as it is a significant investment that should serve you for years to come. This is why you should do thorough research before spending any money to make it worthwhile. To help you get the best possible value, we have put together a brief list of guidelines you should follow before this purchase in the section below.
The size of studio monitor speakers is usually closely tied up with its frequency response range which is why you should carefully think about this aspect. Smaller speakers typically have smaller ranges, and larger ones have larger ranges.
It is also important to consider the space in which you plan to store the speakers you want to buy. If you have a smaller studio space, then smaller speakers will suffice. For example, a speaker with a five-inch woofer will do the trick for a smaller space.
The sound quality is the most important thing to consider when browsing for studio speakers. Opt for speakers that offer you exceptional sound quality with less distortion, especially on louder volumes. However, sound quality is a very personal choice, and it differs from person to person, so it is best to test the speakers before spending any money.
Equalizer and Mixer
Some digital piano speakers come with built-in equalizers and mixers that will provide you with superb sound during your live performances on a digital piano. If you often perform live, opt for the speaker with simple controls and a full-range equalization to get great results in terms of sound reproduction.
Active or Passive
Both active and passive speakers come with pluses and minuses. Passive speakers are a really good choice but they do have a drawback in their requirement for amplifiers to produce the desired sound. Active ones can produce crystal-clear sound even without amplifiers, so choose the speakers accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Are speakers necessary for digital piano?
Yes, they are, especially if you are a beginner, as you may not need high-end tones and sounds at first. The speakers are important since they are the digital piano’s principal sound output.
2. How should I connect the digital piano to speakers?
You can do this by connecting digital piano speakers using line output, which is a port used to connect your instruments to speakers. In case the speakers do not have such output, connect them using a jack for the headphones.
3. What are the biggest benefits of buying speakers for digital piano?
There are multiple benefits of such a purchase, and one of the biggest is that you can perform with these speakers live without fearing you will not get adequate coverage. Speakers also help you perform live better since they emphasize hidden sounds while playing.
4. Can I use studio monitors as Hi-Fi speakers?
Absolutely. A studio monitor is able to deliver a high-quality sound to your stereo, similar to a high-end Hi-Fi setup. They are often equipped with extra features such as amplifiers and EQ switches to reduce room loss.
Purchasing quality studio monitor speakers for digital piano requires a lot of attention to detail and thorough research. It is also wise to look for the products that come from renowned brands that have a lot of positive reviews and feedback.
We hope you liked our list of top 10 digital piano speakers and that you will find the one that will suit your needs among them. There is something for everyone, beginners and pros alike, so if you are still uncertain of which one to choose, revisit our list, and you will surely find the adequate unit.
If these weren’t enough, check out some other picks from Amazon also:
- Versatile setup with speakers that connect easily to computers and other devices via Bluetooth wireless or 3.5mm cable
- Logitech Easy-Switch technology lets you seamlessly switch between audio devices Just by pausing the Audio on one device and pressing play on the...
- Each speaker has one active/powered driver that delivers full range Audio and ONE passive radiator that provides bass extension.
- On-speaker headphone jack Plus convenient controls for easy access to Bluetooth wireless pairing, power and Volume adjustments
- Works with Bluetooth enabled devices and any device with a 3.5mm input including a computer, television, smartphone, tablet and music player
- TRUE STUDIO MONITOR – Based on the highly reviewed Edifier bookshelf speakers, professionally fine-tuned to a near-flat responsive curve for artists...
- STUDIO QUALITY SOUND – 1-inch silk dome tweeters and 4-inch composite woofers produce a clear, smooth, and overall sound. MDF wooden structure helps...
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIONS – 1/4-inch balanced TRS input, an unbalanced RCA input, an unbalanced AUX input, and a front headphone output are equipped to...
- THOUGHTFUL DUAL MODE DESIGN – Freely switches between monitor mode – to listen to true audio for music production and music mode – to enjoy...
- EASY-TO-USE CONTROLS – Equipped with two knobs to adjust high- and low-frequency controls separately, and a convenient front-panel knob to set...
- 【high-definition near-field active studio monitor】40-watt class D two-way high-definition near-field active studio monitor.Studio quality design,...
- 【1-inch silk-dome tweeter, 3 inch (Dyna3) woven woofer】Professional acoustic adjusters and speakers，Room Space and HF Trim adjustments for...
- 【5.0 wireless】Stereo CSR Bluetooth 5.0, enjoy music without wires.
- 【Rich and practical interface】1/4” TRS balanced inputs, 1/8” stereo aux input and RCA inputs suit for almost any audio source.High-tech,...
- 【Live for music】Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing.Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output. All-wood MDF ROHS...
- POWERFUL 100 WATT ACTIVE PA SPEAKER WOOFER SYSTEM : LyxPro SPA-8 Comes built in with a Professional powered 8” Inch Real 100 Watt Powerful Active...
- PERFECT CLEAR SOUND AND PERFORMANCE WITH BLUETOOTH CONNECTION : Enjoy your favorite Music thru the Built in Bluetooth connection directly from your...
- GREAT FOR ANY OCASSION AND LOCATION : Enjoy endless great music playing and listening whether its guitar piano or drum playing, indoor or outdoor...
- MULTIPLE EASY CONNECTIONS : Easily connects to your phone with the Built in Bluetooth, Onboard intuitive music controls for Mp3 EQ control Section ,...
- LINK MULTIPLE SPEAKERS AT ONCE : With a simple XLR Cable you can daisy chain multiple active / Passive speakers with one easy setup to your favorite...
- Professional studio-quality sound
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output
- Flexible inputs - 1/4”, 1/8”, and RCA
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound
- Hookup cables included
- 【POWERED BLUETOOTH 4.2】 Delivers incredible audio sound from your smartphone, tablet, PCs, TVs, and any Bluetooth device, perfect hassle free true...
- 【2 x LINE IN INPUT】 Easy wire connection up to 2 devices with AUX input at the same time, no plugging and switching needed.
- 【CLASSIC WOODEN ENCLOSURE】 Stylish design speakers made with high quality MDF wood finish to apply to any home decor, featuring built-in...
- 【FEATURES】Allows volume control and switching inputs at your fingertips via remote control. You can also make an advanced sound adjustment with...
- 【SINGING WOOD ADVANTAGE】America's leading audio brand based in California, 24 months warranty and easy to reach after-sales customer support team...
- Superior Sound - Fill your room with powerful sound with its 50W continuous power, 13mm silk dome tweeter unit, and 4-inch 116mm bass unit. These...
- Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 Transmission - Built-in Bluetooth technology lets you stream music, videos and movies directly from your smartphone, tablet,...
- RCA/Opt/Coax Inputs& Speaker Out &-Optical, coaxial and RCA inputs to ensure a lossless connection to TVs, turntables, and computers. A speaker-out...
- 3 Equalizer Modes with Dual Control - Built-in DSP chip, the SR04 bookshelf speaker provides 3 equalizer modes: dialogue, movie, and music, brings you...
- 100% Satisfaction Service- Bestisan offers lifetime technical support. Any questions or suggestions, pls freely email us for help. We will give you...