Do you want the best passive pickups for metalcore? Worry not because we have all the details you need to get one without stress.
To simplify this process for our readers and buyers of passive pickups, we scanned through the market thoroughly and with great scrutiny. We were able to get the best five passive pickups, and we also provided the criteria needed for selecting these products.
With every information in this article, we are sure you will have no problem making the right choice of passive pickups.
Criteria For Selecting The Best Passive Pickups For Metalcore
Making the right selection requires some necessary details to make the process easier, and they are listed below.
Type of coil: The coil type is a highly essential part of the passive pickup. For preference, you can choose to go for a single-coil or humbucker coil because they are the typical coil that is picked up by your guitar. The humbucker allows for better and stronger output, while it also sustains without noise. However, the single-coil does not have this feature, but they are equally great.
Output: This factor is majorly based on preference because based on your need, you will have to make a choice between mid-level output and high-level output. Passive pickups allow for regulation of outputs, and this can be done when there are more wound up copper wires. When you are operating on a high-level output, you will be able to control your amp distortion with ease. However, this comes with minimal dynamics. Lastly, the midrange output will deliver a clear sound, and you will get a better dynamic range.
See: Types of pickup
Magnets: The magnets have a significant influence on the output delivery of your passive pickups. It is also of importance to know that there are a series of magnet poles and steel poles that come as an extension of magnetic bars. However, each magnet poles deliver different results.
Reviews: For the buying process, you need to pay serious attention to previous buyers and users to know their experience with passive pickups. This will let you know the strength and output power of the potential passive pickups.
Best Passive Pickups For Metalcore
1. EMG JH James Hetfield Electric Guitar Pickup Set
A pickup set with a difference as it makes active tones coupled with massive clarity and punches for your passive pickup.
It is designed to have a stealth look which makes it unique by blending in with ease. Also, it offers a tight attack for the best of reduced inductance to get a clearer low end.
Installing this set is pretty easy because it does not require soldering to set up, you only need to unbox it and continue using your set within a short space of time.
Additionally, the single output cable allows for proper connection, and it carries enough power to give you the best of passive pickups.
The EMG JH James Hetfield Electric Guitar Pickup Set is designed to come with a single battery bus, one stereo output jack, 4 connect cables and two pickup cables. Overall, it delivers premium quality.
2. Seymour Duncan Mick Thomson Blackouts Electric Guitar Electronics
You can only get the best of tight, expressive lows and highs with this device. It is built to offer excellent quality all round without glitches.
This device is created to have spectacular custom voicing that delivers crisp and clear tones with a special type of edginess attached. Also, it comes with a well-cranked-up gain. This helps the top and bottom remain tight.
With the availability of the output jack, quick connector cables and battery clip, you should be able to immediately have this set up in no time.
The midst feature that comes with this device allows for great detailing and a perfectly augmented treble response that will give a great attack for solos.
Finally, it comes with an EMTY neck model that provides a distinct custom voicing for clear tones.
3. Seymour Duncan SH13 DimebuckerDimebag Darrell Pickup
You may not find a better pick up device for your heavy rock and metalcore as this is an exceptional product that delivers on all fronts.
It offers excellent resistance at 16.25k ohms, inductance is at 8.45 H, and the resonant frequency is top-notch at 5.1 kHz. This is a hand-built device from Santa Barbara which tells a lot about the overall quality of this product. It comes with mounting hardware that helps with custom mounting ring coupled with a detailed schematics.
It is pretty easy to move about as it comes with a small weight of 4.8 ounces, and it measures about 7.1 x 3.5 x 1.6 inches in dimensions.
For the boot kicking attitude, this device employs the use of a ceramic magnet plus a stainless steel blade. Also, it comes with great clarity and treble bite coupled with punchy bass.
4. DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Humbucker Pickup F-Spaced
This is one of the best passive pickups devices you can employ for your metalcore adventure. It comes with different features that promise quality like the hot outputMID boost4 conductor. The versatility coil helps to enhance the splitting ability of the device.
This device brings the best sound out of your amplifier. It is compatible with vintage Gibson guitars, Fender guitars, guitars that come with Floyd Rose bridges and modern Gibson guitars.
This passive pickup device has a weight of 6.4 ounces, and the dimension is set at 2.3 x 4.2 x 2.3 inches.
Overall, you will love the DiMarzio DP100 Super Distortion Humbucker Pickup because of its unique quality and design.
5. Seymour Duncan Invader 7-String Passive Guitar Pickup Black Bridge
Seymour Duncan is an absolute genius in terms of making great passive pickups. This product has a passive mount, with black metal coverings. The three Ceramic magnets allow for better output of sound. Also, you will love the sound clarity that comes with this design thanks to the overwound coils.
It comes with large poles coupled with the invader that allows for monstrous output for proper saturation of your notes. This design allows you to play with a high level of thump and aggression without having any challenges. It is a 7 string design that allows for smooth and traditional rhythm.
The best passive pickups for metalcore come in different styles and qualities. However, what matters most is the strength of their volume and sonic bite. When these two are available, then you can have the best time creating your metalcore.
Wonderfully, all of the products listed in this article will deliver on all fronts of quality and features for your best metalcore experience.
- Features -Humbucker^Neck and bridge positions^Alnico II magnets^Color - Zebra/Reverse Zebra
- Our original high-output ceramic humbuckers, the Duncan Distortion neck and bridge are perfectly suited for aggressive rock and metal players.
- Aggressive matched pair of Duncan Distortion humbuckers
- High output with ceramic magnets
- Lace Sensor Dually Technology
- Fully Splittable North/South
- Fits any standard humbucker route
- DC Resistance: Neck: 13K kBridge: 16.60K kResonant Peak:Neck: 6.35kHzBridge: 6.68kHzEQ: 6 / 6 / 6 (Treb / Mid / Bass)Magnet: Ceramic BarCable: Four...
- 🎼【Clean and Hot Sound】you can getting a very good clean sound from these single coil pickups, as replacement on a 6 string Strat style electric...
- 🎼 【Cool Clear Bobbins】SSS pickup set come with clear bobbins, wrapped by thick copper wire; middle pickup with red/black leads; you can find a...
- 🎼 【Alnico 5 Magnet】over wound copper coil, AlNico V magnets (hot like ceramic humbucker pickups), 1/5" diameter magnets, fully wax potted
- 🎼 【Pole Piece Spacing】 flat polepiece is individual to the position, neck- 48(marked TJ-48 on the bottom), middle- 50(marked TJ-50), bridge...
- 🎼 【High Output】Winding with vintage style cloth wire; DC Resistance: neck pickup - 8.2K, middle pick up - 9k, bridge pup - 9.2k; package...
- ♪AMAZING ROSEWOOD COVER: This material of pickup cover is rosewood, which is hard and durable, with antique style and straight texture. Rosewood...
- ♪HIGH OUTPUT AND CLEAN TONE: Double coil pickups gives a high output and minimizes hum from electrical interference. The pickup set brings us...
- ♪100% BRAND NEW: The pickup set is brand new, in excellent condition and have never been installed. Perfect as electric guitar alternative...
- ♪EASY TO INSTALL: Each pickup includes 4pcs height adjusting screws, easy to install.
- ♪100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If you have any question, please feel free to contact us. We will reply as soon as possible.