Looking for a guitar to USB cable that you’ll be able to connect easily and start recording your sessions like a true professional? Look no further because you came to the right place!
We’re here to provide you with the best choices on the market, but that’s not all! We’ll also give you some hot tips on how to differentiate good products from bad ones so that you always know what product to get hassle-free!
Best Guitar To USB Cable – Top Picks
1. GLS Audio Cable
We’ll begin our list of the best guitar to USB cables with a GLS Audio cable that was made to last. You won’t have to worry about a thing once you get this durable electric guitar cord. Since it is made of high-quality oxygen-free copper and other fine materials, you can look forward to it working perfectly, and also lasting for a while.
The flexible design that this cable boasts helps to prevent any twists and tangles, so it is super convenient and easy to use. There is also a double insulator that provides maximum isolation and makes sure there is not a lot of noise once plugged in. You can also choose from a couple of colors.
2. DeTii Cable
The next one on our list is the DeTii cable—a cable that you can use with a guitar, but also a PC, and some other open-source software. This one is a great choice because it not only works great with a variety of guitars, but also with pickups, pedals, mixers, and more. You can use it at any time you want with ease!
If you’re wondering about what this cable is compatible with, we got you covered! You can pair it with Windows 98SE/2000/XP/VISTA/Windows 7/Windows 8, and Windows 10 systems. It is also compatible with the majority of recording software. The oxygen-free center conductors offer improved signal transfer, and the high-density copper shield help to provide excellent noise rejection.
The cable is also corrosion-resistant, so you can expect it to last for a long period of time without any issues! Being that it is highly durable and tangle-free, using it will be a piece of cake, and you won’t waste any time trying to set it all up.
3. YESPURE Cable
If you’re looking for a guitar USB cable that is compatible with almost every computer, the YESPURE one is an ideal choice! You can use it with both Windows and Mac computers, as well as most recording software, including GarageBand, Audacity, and more.
The cable supports both the 44.1 and 48 kHz sample rates, and it is built to transmit the electric guitar signal straight into your computer. All you need to do is plug it in and start working its magic! Converting your computer to a guitar amplifier/recording system has never been easier. You don’t even need additional hardware or drivers! Simply plug it in and start playing.
4. VAlinks Cable
Let’s continue with the VAlinks guitar cable that is both high-quality and very easy to use. Plugging the VAlinks USB guitar cable into a guitar you love is super easy and convenient. By doing so, you will turn your computer into a recording system and be able to start playing instantly. The best part is that it is super easy and it will take almost no time at all!
This cable is compatible with Windows and MAC computers, but not with PS3, PS4, Xbox, etc. It’s designed to send the signal from your guitar, piano, or bass, into your computer quickly and efficiently. It is excellent for both stage and studio use.
There is also an LED light that turns and flashes red to indicate when the signal is being transmitted. With the built-in D/A conversion chip, you won’t have to worry whether the cable is compatible with your computer or whether you’ll need additional drivers/equipment—you won’t!
5. HOSONGIN Cable
The HOSONGIN USB guitar cable will make your guitar recording sessions a smooth-sailing experience! Once you plug the USB interface into your PC, it will convert to a guitar amplifier and recording system instantly, without any need for additional hardware or drivers.
The anti-jamming magnetic ring and a built-in high-quality conversion chip will help to minimize any noise and enhance the authenticity and richness of the sound. That will ensure a superior signal with high definition and without any distortion.
The craftsmanship of this cable is outstanding, and the cable is made of high-quality materials that prolong service life and increase durability. It’s compatible with both Windows and iOS systems, as well as a wide range of recording software.
6. Mugteeve Cable
The Mugteeve US cable is built to easily connect your guitar or other line-level instruments to a computer for recording. It works perfectly with both Windows and iOS systems. You should note that the cable is not compatible with PC games though, and that includes PS3, PS4, Xbox, Guitar Hero, and more. It’s only meant for instrument audio recording.
All you need to do to start recording is plug the TS plug into your guitar, as well as the USB connector into your PC. Your PC should recognize it and install all the needed drivers automatically. That is why you don’t need any additional drivers when you’re using this cable. Being that the cable is 10 feet long featuring a heavy-duty design and that the connectors are gold plated, you can expect it to be very easy to use and reduce any signal distortion.
Other than using it for your guitar, you can also use it on basses, keyboards, pedal effects, and other electronic musical instruments boasting a mono 1/4″ TS output.
7. EBXYA Cable
Searching for a guitar cable that you can use for both stage and studio use? The EBXYA cable will provide you with both of these options! It’s suitable for almost any computer with a USB port and super easy to connect.
Since this cable is made of oxygen-free copper, it provides a very stable transmission and high-quality audio signals. What’s even better is that the professional copper braided shield reduces electrical resistance and minimizes any noise rejection. The gold-plated plug is corrosion-resistant and provides neat and sleek aesthetics.
The cable is also extremely flexible and durable, with remarkable tenacity and elasticity. Using it will feel like a breeze! You won’t need any additional drivers, and you can simply connect your guitar and transfer the sound signal for recording in a jiffy. The cable will work great with a guitar, but also a pickup, pedal, mixer, and more.
8. NewBEP Cable
We’ll conclude our list of the best guitar to USB cables with the one that offers wide compatibility and excellent quality—the NewBEP cable. It’s perfect for a variety of computers with a USB port and supports the following systems:
- Windows 98SE
- Windows 2000
- Windows XP
- Windows VISTA
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
It’s also compatible with various recording software, including Garage Band, Guitar Rig, Audacity, and more. Transmitting the electric guitar, bass, or piano signal into your PC has never been easier than with the NewBEP cable. It’s excellent for stage and studio uses since you don’t need any additional gear or equipment to make it work. Plug it in and start jamming right away!
Prior to buying the cable, you should take a moment to think about how you want to go about this purchase. You should note that buying these types of products is often not as simple as it may sound. There are a lot of different options, brands, and models out there, so choosing the right one can prove quite challenging.
What’s even more difficult is purchasing tech products if you’re someone who’s not well-versed in it or tech-savvy. It’s not easy learning about what makes this product good or bad, and it usually takes quite a bit of time to do so. Luckily, we’re here to help you out!
We made the buying guide that you’ll find down below to help you understand what factors you should take into consideration when purchasing your guitar USB cable and why. This way, you won’t have to spend hours or even days trying to gather the necessary info on your own, and you can simply skim the list we provided for you to learn all you need to know in less than a few minutes! Here is what you should factor in when choosing your guitar to USB cable:
The first thing you should factor in when purchasing your cable is the quality of it. If you want it to last for a long period of time and be durable, as well as not malfunction or break any time soon, you need to make sure it is made of high-quality materials.
You should be able to find this info easily by checking product descriptions, and what you want to look for here is gold-plated plugs and connectors, but also braided shielding. This is what makes the cable durable and able to withstand a lot of different factors, so making sure the one you want to purchase is built like this is very important.
The next factor to consider is what kind of features the cable you want to purchase has. This will determine how the cable will work with your guitar and/or other instruments and what you will be able to do with it.
If you want to use the cable for instruments other than a guitar, make sure that the cable you’re purchasing provides the option to connect it to other instruments as well. Some of the basic components you should pay attention to as well are the center conductor, insulation, electrostatic shield, braided copper shield, and outside jack.
The last factor you should take into consideration is the length of the cable you’re purchasing. The reason why this is important is that not every length will work well in regard to sound. That means that longer cables will likely provide you with a noisier and lesser-quality sound than the shorter ones would.
You should, ideally, find a cable that is 10 to 15ft long, since any cables longer than 20ft will likely require some adjustments.
1. Are All Guitar To USB Cables the Same?
The answer to this question is both yes and no. In short, every electric instrument, including guitars, basses, and keyboards, uses the same quarter-inch jack cable in order to run signals from instruments into amplifiers.
However, nowadays, there is a wide range of different brands, models, features, etc., so you should always make sure that the one you’re purchasing has everything you want and fits your needs perfectly.
2. What Brand of Guitar Cables Is the Best?
There is a variety of different brands out there that provide you with high-quality products, including Ernie Ball, GLS, NewBEP, and more. However, prior to purchasing any of them, make sure you consider the factors we listed in our buying guide if you want to avoid any mishaps and unpleasant surprises.
3. How Long Will My Guitar Cable Last?
How long your guitar cable will last depends on numerous factors, including quality, how often you use it, and more. With that being said, you can expect a high-quality guitar to USB cable to last for around 10 years, give or take.
Buying the best guitar to USB cable is only a hassle if you make it so! By reading our buying guide and gathering all the necessary info, you’ll be able to shop like a pro in a matter of minutes! Work smarter, not harder, and happy shopping!
Take a look at these picks from Amazon also:
- 8mm outer diameter wire jacket
- Nickel-plated connectors
- 22 AWG; 95% OFC spiral shielding
- Flexible cable construction prevents twisting, kinking and tangling
- Bundle includes (1) Fender Professional Series 10' Angled Instrument Cable, Desert Camo
- Oxygen-Free-Copper AWG24 conductor, for enhanced enhanced signal clarity; we promise 18 months warranty date
- Straight to Right Angle 1/4" zinc alloy metal connectors with iron plated wire clamp to protect the solder points
- High coverage of OFC Braided provide for professional musicians, brings this cable a strong,durable and pure tone
- Braided Cloth Jacket, protects your guitar cables against cuts and breaks caused by twisting and kinking
- Suitable for connecting your acoustic guitar, bass, keyboards,electric mandolin, pro audio to a Amp or PA certified Straight to right angel patch...
- IN=OUT TECHNOLOGY – Exclusive In=Out Technology combines low capacitance and top-quality construction for a cable with the purest signal...
- GEO-TIP DESIGN - Patented Geo-Tip design ensures a secure connection in any instrument, pedal or amp jack
- IN-LINE SOLDER JOINTS - In-Line solder joints for superior conductivity and strength
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE - This D'Addario Cable has a limited lifetime guarantee to ensure customer satisfaction.
- D’ADDARIO ACCESSORIES - For over 20 years, D’Addario Accessories (formerly Planet Waves) has been leading the industry in innovative and...
- 【USB C to 6.35mm Male TRS Cable】:USB C to 6.35mm Male 1/4 inch Aux Jack Adapter Cord connects smartphones,tablets,iPad Pro or MacBook with USB...
- 【Wide Compatibility】:USB C to 6.35mm male 1/4 aux cord.The USB C adopt DAC chip,24bit/96KHz,improved the compatibility,compatible with USB C...
- 【Hi-Fi Sound Quality】:USB C to 1/4 inch 6.35mm TRS Stereo Audio Cable uses Dual-shielding,no noise/hum or hiss.24K Gold-Plated connectors,more...
- 【Ultra Durable】:USB C to 1/4 inch 6.35mm TRS Stereo Audio Cable adopt nylon braided cable,make it more durable than PVC cable,nylon braided jacket...
- 【What you get】:Package include:1 x MOSWAG USB C to 6.35mm 1/4 inch Audio Stereo Cable.And all our product have 12-month after-sale warranty.If you...
- 【High-end conversion chip】 ULBRE usb guitar cable supports both 44.1 kHz and 48 kHz sample rate. Designed to transmit the electric guitar/ piano/...
- 【Excellent Sound Quality】 ULBRE usb guitar cord high quality professional shielded cable includes 100% coverage inner conductive PVC shield, which...
- 【Easy to use】 Use our USB Guitar Cable, plug the 1/4" TS plug into the guitar you love, plug the usb interface into your computer, your computer...
- 【Wide Compatibility】 Compatible with USB 2.0. Fit for almost all kinds of computers with USB port, such as Windows 98SE/ 2000/ XP/ VISTA/ Win7/...
- 【Long-time Satisfaction Guarantee】 ULBRE's friendly and easy-to-reach customer service to solve your problems timely. If you have any problems,...
- 1/4 (6.5mm) straight and right angle (L Shape) is the ideal solution for a secure connection for any instrument, pedal, or amp jack
- Oxygen-free copper (OFC) core offers very low capacitance that provides superior signal conductivity and enhanced sound
- Widely used in the installation of mixers, amplifiers, microphones, effectors, decoders, equalizers, electronic organs, electric guitars, electric...
- Double insulator shields block interference from outside sources giving you the clearest sound possible from your devices
- We stand behind the performance of all of our products and want to make sure each customer is satisfied with their purchase. If you are not happy with...
- 💗【Plug and Play】JSAUX 3.5mm Male Jack to 1/4 inch male cable connects smartphones, tablets, iPod or headphones with standard 3.5mm ports to...
- 💗【Hi-Fi Sound Quality】24k gold-plated connector, pure silver wire core, pure copper shell which provides reliable performance and reducing...
- 💗【Incredibly Durable】15000+ bend lifespan & double-braided nylon exterior make audio cables adding to the durability and tangle free.
- 💗【Superb Fit】 Male to male aux cord works perfectly for all devices with standard 3.5mm and 6.35mm aux jack and aux-in port, like a mixing...
- 💗【What You Get】 Nylon Braided,4ft/1.2M JSAUX Premium Auxiliary Audio Cable Zinc alloy case and double layer nylon braid guards against harsh...
- MillSO 1/4"(6.35mm) female to 1/8"(3.5mm) male headphone adapter cable, for transferring audio between 3.5mm devices(smartphones, tablets, or...
- [Plug and Play] - MillSO 1/4 to 3.5mm headphones adapter is very portable and has a quick response, tight connection, flexible convert a 6.35mm port...
- [Qualified 6.35mm Audio Adapter] - 24K gold-plated connectors ensure high stability, high-speed lossless transmission; piano black metal housing is...
- [Quadr-Layer Shielding] - this 6.35 to 3.5 adapter perfectly combined tinned coppers, aluminum foil, soft and durable PVC covers, its high-density...
- [Reliable Warranty] - Buy with confidence. MillSO offers a 12-month unconditional Warranty for our instrument cables to guard against any quality...