Resting and nurturing our voice is very important since not a day goes by that we don’t need to use it. This is especially relevant for all the singers in the world considering that using their voice is literally in their job description. No matter if you’re a professional singer or you simply like to sing for fun or for friends and family, you should always make sure you nurture your voice and provide it with the necessary care.
One of the many ways you can soothe your throat and your vocal cords is by drinking a calming, soothing, and healthy tea. The right tea will hydrate your vocal cords and provide them with much-needed relief.
Since spending hours or even days trying to find the best tea for your voice is a waste of time, especially for someone who is on a tight schedule, we’re here to assist! To help you save precious time and effort, we’ve compiled a list of the best tea for singers. It will take you no more than a few minutes to gather all the necessary info and be ready to shop for your tea like a pro!
Best Tea for Singers—Top Picks
1. Health King Golden Herb Tea – Caffeine-Free
Tea that doesn’t contain caffeine will be the best for your vocal cords. Health King Golden herb tea is caffeine-free and made of high-quality herbs, so it’s one of the best options you can choose. This tea helps you clear your voice and soothe a sore throat, and it also works wonders for loss of voice and tissue regeneration.
With its anti-inflammatory, lung moistening, voice restoring, and expectorant properties, Health King Golden herb tea helps you maintain a clear and healthy voice and strong respiratory system. It’s also 100% natural and climate pledge-friendly, which means that it’s a more sustainable product and you can help preserve the natural world by purchasing these products.
- Soothes sore throat
- Climate pledge-friendly
- Teabags rip easily
2. Traditional Medicinals Seasonal Tea – Organic
The next one on our list is a sweet and silky Traditional Medicinals tea with a distinct licorice taste. Not only is this one also caffeine-free but it is also made with 100% organic ingredients. If you’re looking for something that will help you give your throat a spa day, this one is a perfect choice. There is also more than one flavor of this tea you can choose, including:
- Organic Throat Coat Tea
- Organic Throat Coat Lemon Echinacea Tea
- Organic Throat Coat Eucalyptus Tea
- Organic Echinacea Plus Tea
- Organic Echinacea Plus Elderberry Tea
- Seasonal Herb Tea Sampler
- Helps relieve sore throat
- Variety of flavors
- Weak flavor
3. Yogi Tea – Vegan
Yogi tea is an excellent choice if you’re searching for something sweet and citrusy. This tea will not only help you soothe your throat but also help support elevated energy levels and an uplifted mood. Although it contains caffeine, it’s a gluten-free, vegan, and kosher tea with no artificial flavors or sweeteners included. Wondering if this tea is a diuretic?
The answer is no, Yogi tea does not contain any harsh laxatives or diuretics. You can drink three to four cups of this tea daily. If you want to make yourself a stronger cup of tea, you can use two tea bags instead of one.
- Supports elevated energy levels
- No artificial flavors
- Gluten-free, vegan, and kosher
- Contains caffeine
4. Earth Mama Throat Smoothie Tea – Pregnancy and Breastfeeding
Are you pregnant and looking for a tea to help you soothe your throat that is also safe to consume when carrying? This one is the ideal option for you! Not only does this tea come in handy for pregnant women but also for moms who breastfeed their babies. Even your kids can drink this amazing throat smoothie tea! You can have your whole family gather and enjoy chatting while drinking this organic citrusy and floral tea mix.
Earth Mama throat smoothie tea is made of herbs that have traditionally played a role in soothing an irritated and sore throat. These herbs include organic marshmallow root, slippery elm bark, elderflower, and lemon peel. To ensure the tea is completely safe for pregnant ladies, the tea is made without licorice.
- Safe to drink during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- No licorice
- Soothes an irritated throat
- Lacks taste
5. Traditional Medicinals Organic Lavender Mint Herbal Tea – High Quality Herbs
We’ll conclude our list with one of the best teas for calming your throat and relaxing your nervous system. The Traditional Medicinals organic lavender mint tea is organic, kosher, and caffeine-free. It has a soft floral taste with hints of lavender and mint that you will surely enjoy. It’s made of high-quality herbs from Europe and the Pacific Northwest.
Some of the herbs included in this blend are passionflower, chamomile, lavender, and catnip, and all of them are known for successfully calming the nervous system. So, if you are a singer who wants to take a few sips of warm tea before going on stage to soothe your throat, this one is a perfect option since it doubles as a natural stress reliever as well.
- Relaxes your nervous system
- Made of high-quality herbs
- Poor packaging
Before you decide what tea you want to purchase, you should make sure you know what to look for. There is no point in buying just about any tea that seems nice or looks appealing because you want to make certain all your needs are fulfilled.
That is why checking whether the one you want to buy can soothe your sore throat or help you relax is essential, especially after singing high notes for a longer period of time.
To help you with this endeavor, we provide you with a list of all the things you should take into consideration before buying your perfect tea. Take a look at the list below for all the details:
The tea quality is on top of our list for a very good reason. Not only will high-quality tea determine how tasty your tea will be but it will also have a much better effect on your sore throat or other issues you want it to help you with.
You can usually find this info by checking the product’s description, so you don’t have to worry about wasting too much time trying to find these details. You want to see whether the tea you’re interested in buying is made from high-quality herbs and if so, go a step further and see what these herbs are called and what they are good for. That way, you will have all you need to be confident in your purchase.
It’s no secret that drinking tea can provide you with numerous benefits. When choosing what tea you want to purchase, you should pay attention to what kind of benefits you will also get with it. Here are a few common benefits you can look forward to if you choose the right tea:
- No caffeine
- Immune system boost
- Relief for sore throat and digestive system
- Weight loss
The best way to decide what type of tea to get is according to your needs. For example, if you’re looking for a tea that will help you lose weight, buying green tea would be a great option. In case you want something that will help you boost your immune system, getting a tea with ginger and lemon is a perfect choice. Want to relax and unwind while drinking tea that will help you calm your nerves and nervous system?
Peppermint or chamomile tea can help you accomplish exactly that! And for all our singers who are searching for a tea that will soothe their throats and vocal cords, caffeine-free ginger or licorice root tea is the way to go.
The last factor to consider on our list, but not the least important one, is the ingredients. When it comes to the ingredients used to make your tea, you want to be careful and pay attention to whether these ingredients suit your needs.
This info can also be found in the product description, so take a moment to skim through it and ensure there are no ingredients you are perhaps allergic to or intolerant to. If you want, you can also check whether the ingredients are organic, and see if the tea is vegan, gluten-free, kosher, and similar. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
1. Do Herbal Teas Contain Caffeine?
The short answer to this question is no, most herbal teas do not contain caffeine at all. These types of tea are made from plants that have no caffeine content, therefore they are safe to consume for everyone who is in need of a caffeine-free option. If you’re a singer looking for a tea that will soothe your throat and you know that the ones with no caffeine are a better choice, you can proceed with almost any herbal tea worry-free.
2. What Does It Mean When It Says That Tea Is Organic?
If you found the tea that you want to buy, but you’re confused about what the organic part of the description means, don’t worry! We’re here to explain.
The primary difference between organic and regular tea is that the organic one is made with no use of chemicals like pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or chemical fertilizers. Regular tea can be made with the use of these chemicals in order to grow or process it after it is harvested, but the organic one is typically not made this way.
3. What Is the Strongest Tea?
Do you want to drink a cup of tea in the morning instead of coffee, but you’re not sure which one would be the best option? Black tea is definitely one of the strongest and most intense teas with the highest caffeine content. You can easily drink black tea as a replacement for a cup of coffee at any time.
4. Should I Refrigerate My Tea?
You can keep your tea in the fridge if you want it to last longer. When it comes to brewed tea, you can refrigerate it for up to five days. However, always make sure you keep it in an airtight container if you don’t want it to absorb any smells or flavors from other food in your fridge.
5. Can I Reuse Tea Bags?
Wondering if you can use your tea bags more than once? The answer is yes, you can. Although you can reuse your teabag once or twice before it’s spent, you should keep in mind that your tea will probably be less strong the more you reuse the bags and the flavor might not be as good as it originally was.
6. How Many Cups of Tea Can I Drink Daily?
If you’re curious about how many cups of tea you’re allowed to drink daily, we got you covered! You can typically drink three to four cups of tea daily without facing any side effects. However, this really depends on the individual who drinks it because there are people who are more sensitive to caffeine than others.
For those individuals, drinking less tea is advised. Or, if you still want to get a daily intake of three to four cups, you can consider drinking caffeine-free ones instead.
Finding the right tea that will fulfill every need and desire you have can often prove difficult. And even if you manage to find one that helps you solve issues like sore throat, it might lack in other areas, such as flavor. That is why it’s necessary to do some research before purchasing your tea and make sure it ticks all the right boxes.
Since doing any type of research usually requires a lot of time and your undivided attention, we decided to jump in and lend a helping hand. To save you from wasting time and effort, we gathered all the necessary info you need and presented it in our buying guide. All you need to do is spare a few minutes to read it and you will have all you need to buy your perfect tea in no time!
- Organic Throat Relief Tea: Our Throat Soother herbal tea blends sage, licorice root, marshmallow root, cinnamon and clove for a comforting cold and...
- Why it Works: Marshmallow root has been traditionally used to moisten and coat a dry or sore throat, licorice is known for its demulsifying properties...
- Pure Ingredients, No Compromise: Our premium organic black, green, white, Puerh, rooibos, herbal and turmeric teas are blended with only 100 percent...
- Full Leaf Quality: Numi's high quality bagged teas come in convenient plant based tea bags for a clean, perfect brew; Individually wrapped tea bags...
- Organic Teas and Tisanes: Our organic teas bring you the flavor and health benefits of tea in a variety of styles, flavors and brewing methods from...
- Flavor: Yogi Throat Comfort tea combines Wild Cherry Bark with Orange Peel and Licorice Root for a soothing and sweet herbal tea blend.
- Benefits: This soothing herbal tea blend combines Licorice Root with Slippery Elm Bark to help relieve minor throat irritation.
- Organic: USDA Certified Organic and Non-GMO Project Verified.
- Contents: Caffeine-free, Vegan, Kosher, Gluten-free, No Artificial Flavors or Sweeteners, and individually packaged with compostable bags.
- Brewing Suggestions: To get the most out of every cup, bring water to boiling and steep 7 minutes. For a stronger tea, use 2 tea bags. Drink 3-6 cups...
- A HERBAL BLEND : Our decaffeinated tea contains a proprietary blend of Licorice Root, Fennel Fruit, and Thyme Herb. These mild and comforting herbs...
- GOODNESS OF INGREDIENTS : Each teabag delivers a 1500mg proprietary blend of herbs prepared by Master Blenders of Europe engaged in this business...
- PREPARE THE PERFECT CUP : Our flavoured tea preparation is as simple as opening the pre-portioned pouch of tea, emptying the contents into a teapot or...
- 44 TEA BAGS OF FRESHNESS : Our decaf tea pack contains 22 tea bags per pack. The teabags are packaged in airtight foil envelopes to preserve the...
- GIFT FOR LOVED ONES : It’s a perfect gift for anyone who loves to enjoy exotic herbal teas. Elegantly packaged for a welcomed Christmas or holiday...
- Pack of six, 20 count boxes (total of 120 counts)
- Caffeine free herbal tea; tangerine orange flavored
- Product of USA
- TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Just for Kids Organic Throat Coat Tea 16 BAG
- HIBISCUS TEA BAGS - 100 Tea Bags filled with premium hibiscus from Egypt.
- ORGANIC HIBISCUS TEA - The tea is filled into tea bags and packed into foil-lined kraft bags in California
- 100 ECO-CONSCIOUS TEA BAGS - Our premium tea bags are constructed of Abacá Hemp Fiber Paper. They are free of dyes, adhesive, glue and chlorine...
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC & NON-GMO - All our products are certified USDA Organic and certified Non-GMO. Look for the USDA Organic and Non-GMO Project...
- LOVE IT OR WE BUY IT - We don’t think you should pay for products that you don’t love. If you aren’t enjoying our products, simply let us know...
- TURMERIC AND GINGER TEA - Sunshine-hued blend of energetic & warming spices accented with sweet citrus. This combination is an Ayurveda inspired blend...
- SAVOR & ENJOY - Brew one Turmeric Ginger Tea Sachet Bag in 8 ounces of water at 200 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 to 7 minutes and enjoy this blend of...
- GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH - Rishi's turmeric ginger tea bags are USDA Organic, Non-GMO, Certified Kosher, and are made from biodegradable BPA free sachet...
- DIRECT TRADE TEA & BOTANICALS - The farmers we work with recognize that in following elevated agricultural and production standards they will receive...
- ABOUT US - Rishi Tea was founded on the commitment to set the standard for quality and expand the awareness of tea and its rich, inspirational...
- WE AT TEAMI BLENDS want you to know we've got your back with whatever your goals are; If you are not completely satisfied with any Teami Blends Teas,...
- OUR FLAGSHIP NATURAL COLON DETOX - Using natural ingredients, the Colon Cleanse Detox Tea is formulated to flush your system of toxins; blend also...
- PREMIUM GRADE FREE from gluten, nuts, artificial colours, flavours and preservatives, suitable for vegetarians and vegans;It contains Senna Leaf &...
- COLON CLEANSE from TEAMI BLENDS is the perfect start to a weight loss plan and great for people wishing to regain their energy, alertness and...
- Case of six boxes, each containing 20 individually wrapped tea bags.
- Made with organic slow-dried lemons and ginger root, combined with Manuka honey that can be enjoyed at any time of the day or night.
- Naturally caffeine free and ethically sourced, 100% organically grown ingredients.
- Bring these incredible herbs alive by infusing in freshly boiled water for up to 15 minutes.
- We are proud to be 1% for the planet. This product is certified Fair wild and fair for Life. Vegetarian, Kosher and non-GM.
- Good For Digestion: Our zesty blend of lemon and ginger has been combined with the probiotic Ganeden BC30, an innovation that helps maintain a healthy...
- Individually Wrapped: Bigelow Tea always come individually wrapped in foil pouches for peak flavor, freshness and aroma to enjoy everywhere you go;...
- Try Every Flavor: There's a tea for morning, noon, and night time relaxation; Try our English Breakfast, Vanilla Chai, antioxidant Green Tea,...
- Blended and Packaged in the USA: In 1945 Ruth Campbell Bigelow created our first tea, Constant Comment, a strong, flavorful black tea blended with...
- Uncompromised Quality: Since 1945, Bigelow Tea has been a leader in premium tea and proud to be a Certified B Corporation - meeting the highest...