The multi-effects pedal has now gone from an unappreciated device to a very well-appreciated device. All this is owed to the presence of the new and strong processors with DSP capabilities. You can now produce great effects and premium amp simulations with excellent expressive sounds to your audience as a guitarist.
However, getting the best multi-effect pedal for live performance can be a tough task due to the numerous brands in the market. Therefore, we have come up with a buyer’s guide while also listing the best five in the market to make your buying process very easy.
Criteria For Selecting The Best Multi-Effects Pedal For Live Performance
As said above, the best multi-effects pedal for live performance is not easy to come by in the market as a result of many manufacturers releasing different models every now and then. Hence, the criteria for selection listed below will make it easy for you.
Ease of use: Most multi-effects units are very complex due to a lot of features and functions needed to actualize your best sound and output. However, the next-gen designs are less complicated and are pretty straight to the point. You should put this into consideration before making your purchase.
Input and outputs: You must go to the market knowing what you want. This makes choosing the best input and output multi-effects unit to be very important. You want to be sure your unit can deliver the taste of sound you want both on the input and output front.
Design: For live performers, it will be pertinent that you move your multi-effects units every time. You are going to definitely require a design that is compact and lightweight. Check out the dimensions, weight, size of the unit you intend to buy before making a purchase.
Best Multi-Effects Pedal For Live Performance
1. Line 6 Helix LT Guitar Multi-Effects Processor
Professional players will find this really great because of its very impressive array of features that makes it one of the best. The line 6 helix is presented with a whopping 1,024 preset locations, and they are all arranged to fill 8 setlists.
Sound creation with the Helix pedal is just great, thanks to the 41 modeled amps, 7 bass amps 16 mics, 30 cabs and the 80 effect options of speaker loading impulse.
Also, with the Line 6 Helix pedal you can easily make use of the editing system with the available joystick on the board. The great thing about the joystick is that it can also be simply operated with your feet.
Finally, what makes the helix so superb is its input and output prowess. This will propel any guitar or live performance.
2. BOSS GT-1000 Guitar Effects Processor
This is a premium multi-effect pedal, and you will have a great time using this for your live performance or guitar facilitation.
The Boss GT-1000 guitar effects processor delivers sounds that are ultimate and without compromise. You are promised great freedom of expression with the BOSS GT-1000 thanks to the one-of-a-kind 32-bit floating-point processing.
The engine is well equipped with next-gen features that will immediately propel proper music applications. Also, you will have access to augmented impulse response dynamics which offers a heightened integration and a natural feel.
Additionally, it comes offering a high number of onboard selections of varying effects, and it includes the BOSS MDP effects.
Finally, the amps and effects have a various number of routing and parallel combinations.
3. Eventide Multi-Effect Processor, White (H9 CORE)
Having the eventide multi-effect processor means you can run absolutely all effects algorithms from the variations of options available to you.
This multi-effects pedal comes with true bypass, tuner and MIDI features. Also, you can control the H9 Core wirelessly by making use of a Bluetooth connection through the H9 application. The App is compatible with iOS, OSX and Windows devices.
You are going to be in full control of your expressions with the expression pedal and the availability of the aux footswitch input.
The pitch factor, ModFactor, space reverb pedals and time factor delay functionalities give proper sound and a great live performance experience.
4. BOSS, Compact (GT-1)
As the name implies, this is an absolute compact multi-effect pedal, and it delivers premium outputs. This is an advanced design that has zero hard edges, and you can safely move this about in a guitar bag. Edit and select functions just got easier with the BOSS, Compact (GT-1) as you can tweak and choose patches in no time.
Additionally, the 4 AA batteries promise about seven hours of playtime. This is enough to deliver full expression on the stage when performing live. The BOSS, Compact (GT-1) comes with a control switch and expression pedals on board. You will love the footswitch expression pedal.
Lastly, it comes with a USB connection for a better experience and overall, you are in good hands with the BOSS, Compact (GT-1).
5. HeadRush Pedalboard | Guitar Amp & FX Modelling Processor
This is a high-flying multi-effects pedal that comes with a very attractive design to get you to like it immediately.
It has a custom design quad-core DSP system. The 11 HD expanded DSP software delivers great cab, amp, FX and mic. With the above features, you can create limitless tone sculpting for your live performance.
This multi-effects pedal promises a 7 inches high-resolution display coupled with an intuitive touch screen for the best of rigs creation in no time. The design is of high durability, which makes it easy to move about with no fear, thanks to the steel design.
With the Gapless preset switching, looper, reverb, delay tail and the hand’s free edit mode, you can do no wrong.
Finally, you can reamp and record with the availability of the USB design that comes with a 24 bit/96KHz quality.
Read also: Best Passive Pickups For Metalcore
Musicians, instrumentalists and anyone in love with music knows the effect of a great sound on the ears. This is by far an essential part of the music. Hence, we listed the five best multi-effects pedals for live performance so you can achieve your aim of delivering the best sound while performing on a live stage.
You are only going to be happy and with no regrets when you choose any of the listed five products on this article. Also, do not disregard the criteria for selection as this is going to help you while on a shopping spree.
- 70 onboard high-quality digital effects (68 effects, 1 looper pedal, and 1 rhythm pedal), including distortion, overdrive, EQ, compression, delay,...
- 5 amp emulators, 5 cabinet emulators, and 75 custom-designed factory patches
- Use up to 7 effects/amps/cabinets simultaneously, chained together in any order
- Stereo/mono looper allows recording of up to 80 seconds of phrase recording
- 68 built-in rhythm patterns that can be used in conjunction with the looper
- 🎸🎸【Supports Third Party IR Files】 Guitar pedals multi effects support third-party IR files, so if you want to cover the original IR file,...
- 🎸🎸【LIVE And PRESETS Mode】Getaria guitar multi effect pedal has two modes: live mode, which allows the player to edit the effects chain and...
- 🎸🎸【8 classic Amp simulation】Guitar effect pedal with 9 classic Amp simulations.Such as Fender Pro Princeton, Lin 6 Vetta, Marshall 1960, and...
- 🎸🎸【Recording and Accompaniment 】This guitar pedal has a wireless music playback feature, which is convenient for playing the...
- 🎸🎸【Built-in Battery】 Getaria Cube baby guitar pedal built-in battery,This guitar pedals multi effects can be charged and used at the same...
- 9 EFFECTS BLOCKS: Fxcomp, Distortion, Overdrive, Amp, Cab, Noise Gate, EQ, Modulation, Delay, Reverb; each block has several effects, covering 150+...
- 55 classic & modern high-quality guitar AMP Models that utilize non-linear digital amp modelling technology (giving a real tube amp tone, feel &...
- 200 PRESETS can provide multiple sound options for beginners. Connect it to Windows PC or MAC via USB for software updates, and preset editing using...
- OTG FUNCTION supports compatible mobile phone or tablet connection. Enter the video/audio recording software for recording. This can also be used for...
- 80-SECOND LOOPER for your recording, 40 drum machine options, and 10 metronomes to expand your sound creativity. Expression Pedal can be set to...
- 240+ Built-in Guitar/Bass/Acoustic Effects with 64 Legendary Amp Models and 60 carefully selected IR Cabinet Simulations, 24-bit signal processing, up...
- 100 Built-in Drum Rhythms and 100 Seconds Looper, 198 Presets, Adjustable Signal Chain with Maximum 9 Simultaneous Effect Blocks
- 4-inch 800 x 480 sharp color Touch Screen with instant control, 4 Assignable Footswitches with Halo LEDs, Line, XLR and Headphone I/O for various...
- USB Audio Interface with Stereo Audio Streaming, Support OTG function for directly Connecting to iOS/Android Mobile Devices
- Multi Language User Interface (Hardware) with Free Mac/Windows Software for Sound Editing and Presets Managing
- Build in Battery support 8 hours operating
- Built-in high precision guitar tuner, Live/Preset modes, 3 editable presets
- High quality Reverb, Delay, Modulation Effects & 9 Amplifier Types
- Build in bluetooth for playing the musics in your phone or computer
- Extra headphone output jack make you enjoy the playing but quite
- Battery-powered Portable Vocal Processor with 7 Echoes
- Double-tracking Effect
- Pitch Correction
- USB Audio Out