Your voice might be perfect naturally, sweeter like that of an angel. But that may not be the case when you start recording with a low-quality microphone. The uniqueness in your voice disappears, and people will stand to wonder, what’s unique about his/her voice. To prevent such from happening, investing in the best XLR microphone for streaming is very important.
It is essential to make sure you have one before you start streaming or podcasting, otherwise no one will enjoy what you are saying. Selecting the best microphone can be very tricky and hard, no one produces a bad mic, says a store owner who wants to get rid of the mics in his store.
While picking the cheapest of any available one will do you no good, we have delivered five of the best XLR microphone for streaming, and the criteria that make them stand out.
Criteria for Selecting the Best XLR Microphone for Streaming
You can select the best XLR microphone for streaming if you take care to consider the following criteria. Also, note how they influence our choice of XLR microphone;
Polar pattern: as long as your goal is to stream, then nothing will serve you better than to make use of a microphone that comes with a cardioid polar pattern. This is the only way to get rid of noise and interference from sides and from behind your microphone.
Type: there are two options here. You can select either the condenser mic or dynamic mic. If you will need multiple polar patterns or stream, interview, and sometimes be in a noisy environment, then going for a condenser microphone should be on the top of your list; it is the best thing to use. But if you will be doing more of streaming, then you should go for a dynamic microphone.
Budget: Your budget is another important thing that will influence how much you will be paying for the mic. But don’t worry, irrespective of your budget, there are mics that will work perfectly for your listening pleasure.
Response: the response is another important thing that should influence your decision. The sound produced should not be too flat; going for a warm tone will make the mic more effective.
Best XLR Microphone for Streaming
1. Audio-Technica AT2020PK Vocal Microphone Pack for Streaming/Podcasting
Without the best XLR microphone for streaming, your voice won’t come out well. That is what this mic is designed for. The mic features a high SPL handling and a wider dynamic range, which makes the mic more versatile. The cardioid polar pattern of the microphone prevents it from picking sounds from the sides and rear.
The presence of an adjustable studio boom arm provides full 360-degree rotation, and the adjustable, spring stabilized joints with thumbscrew which makes repositioning of the mic easier. Audio-Technica mic comes with a circumaural design of ATH M20x contour around the ears and delivers excellent sound when in a loud environment.
2. Blue Spark Blackout SL XLR Condenser Mic for Pro Recording and Streaming
The design makes it arguably one of the best XLR microphones for streaming. Below are some of its features. The XLR connection of this mic is efficiently integrated with USB audio interfaces and mixers. The mic features a pad of -20dB, which helps protect your streams from distortion.
The custom, large-diaphragm cardioid condenser capsule of this mic makes it easier to pay attention to detail and make sound-produced focused. The 100Hz low cut filter also helps increase the clarity of your recording, and reduce rumbling from either the room you are recording or streaming from.
3. TONOR Pro Condenser Microphone XLR
Streaming becomes more interesting when you make use of this mic. Here are some of its features; This package comes with a shock mount, adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, table mounting clamp, pop filter, windscreen, etc. Featuring a cardioid polar pattern helps reduce the pickup of sounds from the sides when streaming.
This mic is very durable and sturdy, thanks to the metal shock mount, which also helps reduce vibration, and the strong stand spring helps protect your mic from shaking. The mic features a universal XLR input and comes with an output that is compatible with all kinds of wired microphones, which results in delivering stable 48 phantom power to the electric condenser mic.
4. UHURU XM-960 XLR Condenser Microphone
This is another high-quality professional studio cardioid microphone that is also perfect for streaming. It delivers a smooth, natural sound quality that makes your recording perfect and enjoyable. This XLR mic also features a cardioid polar pattern, which makes it easier to cancel noise and have more clear sound when streaming.
The mic comes with a durable all-metal housing, which makes the mic last longer. This also protects the mic from interference and noise. Featuring a 3-pin XLR connector makes it the standard and thus requires 48v phantom power for its operation.
5. Audio-Technica AT2035PK Vocal Microphone Pack for Streaming
Here is another highly rated best XLR microphone for streaming. It features a large diaphragm, which makes it easier to deliver smooth, natural sound coupled with low noise. The mic also features a high SPL handling and wide dynamic range that help with the versatility of the mic. For better isolation, the mic comes with a custom shock mount; this makes it better suitable for streaming.
This mic also comes with an adjustable studio boom arm that provides full 360-degree rotation and flexible, spring-stabilized joints with thumbscrews for easy repositioning of the microphone.
What is an XLR microphone?
XLR stands for X connector, Locking connector, and Rubber boot. It is top-notch in quality when it comes to audio inputs such as microphones. The microphone used in this connector provides you with high-quality sound that isolates background noises.
Are XLR microphones good for streaming?
Yes, they are. These mics are amazing for streaming setup. They offer high-quality voice sound input and cancel noise with great effectiveness. To get the most production out of these microphones, it is wise to invest in a quality preamp.
Which microphones are appropriate for streaming?
The microphone is appropriate for streaming if it offers you precision and high-quality sound. The best choices to go for when it comes to streaming are condenser and dynamic microphones. These are great for various reasons, but it is especially important to mention that they eliminate background noise.
Are XLR mics better than USB mics for streaming?
XLR connection is far more superior when it comes to streaming mics. They are more durable, versatile and provide you with a higher quality of sound. However, if you are having budget problems, a USB microphone might be a better solution. They are also easier to use with their plug-and-play system. If you do not want to be overwhelmed with a microphone setup, a USB mic might be a better option for you.
Which XLR mic for streaming should I purchase?
XLR mics offer you high quality in streaming and recording. All products we have listed are top-notch and will serve your purposes. If you are uncertain which microphone you should go for, we recommend the Audio-Technica AT2020PK Vocal Microphone Pack for Streaming/Podcasting. It provides you with amazing noise cancelation and versatility. It is a must-have mic if you are into streaming, content creating, or podcasting.
While many will still have a hard time selecting the best XLR microphone for streaming, this is not something to worry about for you again. This review article has delivered the best ones to pick from and the essential criteria that should be considered when selecting the microphone.
The ones provided in this review come with top-notch features that make them stand out among other options. Your streaming will come out smoother, clearer, cleaner, and more perfect with this mic in your hands. Good enough, all the options delivered are highly affordable and offered to you at highly discounted prices.
- 48V phantom power required: When you want a great audio experience with the AU-PM320S XLR condenser microphone, you need to connect the microphone...
- High Configuration and Excellent sound: Built-in large Dia.16mm condenser capsule, Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency...
- Low noise: This XLR microphone uses a 98 in male to female XLR cable connection, and the Pro-grade microphone cord is designed for microphones....
- Full Metal Construction: Higher standard microphone craftsmanship, AU-PM320S microphone uses high-quality materials to protect the microphone from...
- Packing List: package includes microphone*1, boom arm*1, metal shock mount*1, pop filter*1, windscreen*1, XLR to XLR cable*1 and User manual*1.
- The price/performance standard in side address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home studio applications; The noise level is 20 dB SPL
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom engineered low mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source. Output connector: integral 3 pin...
- USB OR XLR CONNECTIONS: Dual USB;XLR output allows digital or analog recording
- CLOSE MIC APPLICATIONS: Great for podcasting, recording, live streaming, and more
- INTUITIVE TOUCH PANEL CONTROLS: Intuitive touch panel for control over gain, monitoring volume, headphone mix, and mic muting
- BUILT-IN HEADPHONE OUTPUT: The Built-in headphone output allows for direct headphone monitoring while recording
- RICH and NATURAL VOCAL REPRODUCTION: Optimized frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction
- PROFESSIONAL RECORDING: Condenser mic features a gold-sputtered diaphragm, a high-quality condenser, and a directional cardioid polar pattern for...
- ALL-IN-ONE KIT: Condenser Microphone Bundle includes XLR cable, shock mount and pop filter.
- 1-YEAR WARRANTY: We’ve got your back! Our products are designed to ease your technical woes, not add to them. Our friendly US-Based support team is...
- VERSATILE POP FILTER: Essential equipment for any home studio setup, this pop filter removes unwanted plosives your voice for crisper sound
- CUSTOM SHOCK MOUNT: Ensures your audio is crystal clear by providing maximum isolation from handling vibrations while you're recording
- ♪♪ A Professional Studio Condenser Microphone ♪♪: The XM-900 condenser microphone gives you smooth, natural sound quality you need, whether...
- ♪♪ Professional Specifications ♪♪ At the heart of the XM-900 is a 16mm condenser capsule with plated membrane to facilitate a wide-ranging...
- ♪♪ Cardioid Polar Pattern ♪♪:Cardioid pattern design enables this xlr microphone kit to cancel noise from surroundings, making a clearer and...
- ♪♪ Quality & Price In One Kit! ♪♪: This package includes a condenser microphone, suspension scissor arm, metal shock mount, double-layer pop...
- ♪♪ Durable Arm Set ♪♪:The adjustable scissor arm stand is made out of all steel construction, sturdy and durable. Folding type, convenient to...
- Broadcast-quality dynamic microphone, tuned for voice clarity
- Cardioid pattern feedback allows better sensitivity on the front while minimizing audio pick up from the rear
- All metal body, improved acoustics and more robust feel
- 5/8” to 3/8” adapter included
- Microphone arm and stand not included
- Custom Blue condenser capsule: The Blackout Spark SL professional condenser microphone delivers Blue’s legendary broadcast vocal and music sound...
- Detailed, transparent sound: This broadcast microphone excels in focused, transparent sound with superb detail to elevate your podcasts, gaming...
- XLR connection: Easy integration with computer USB audio interfaces and mixers
- High-pass filter: 100Hz high-pass filter and -20dB pad bring professional versatility to your projects, increasing clarity and reducing rumble and...
- Precise cardioid pattern: This streaming microphone for gaming, podcasting and more features a large-diaphragm cardioid capsule, ensuring accurate...
- Custom Blue Condenser Capsule – captures your voice with stunning depth and clarity
- Open, Accurate Sound – with impressive headroom, Ember delivers clear, commanding vocals for your voice recordings, gaming and video streaming
- XLR Connection - Perfect for computer audio interfaces and mixers
- Precise Cardioid Pattern - Ensures focused sound while minimizing room sound
- Wide, Consistent Frequency Response - innovative circuit design provides remarkably consistent phantom power to the capsule
- Ideal for vocal pickup
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- The circumaural design of the ATH M20x contours around the ears for excellent sound isolation in loud environments
- Adjustable studio boom arm provides full 360 degree rotation and adjustable, spring stabilized joints with thumbscrews for easy repositioning of the...